Sunday, 7 September 2014
Kent's rubbish MP candidates speak...
With thanks to Private Eye here's the all-purpose "politician-parachuting-into-seat" statement our rubbish MP candidates Kent may as well use:
"I can confirm today that I will be standing in (insert name of seat here) at the 2015 General Election. I have long had an affinity with the good people of (wherever the place is) with its (Wikipedia some facts about it and insert them here). I will strive to be a good local MP concerned with local issues close to voters' hearts such as (find something they're all moaning about in the local paper eg A&E ward closures or bin collections or something).
In no way do I see representing (insert place name here) as some sort of stepping stone for greater political ambitions; all I want is the opportunity to represent the people of (make sure you spell the bloody place right) to the best of my abilities and to be a powerful voice in Westminster for their concerns about (insert some guff about jobs and immigrants as that usually plays well). Together we shall put(place name don't forget to buy a map) on the map. Thank you."
Funny yet sad isn't it. For the motley collection of candidates we have are:
* Nigel Farage UKIP from Sevenoaks. Perhaps two speeches in the area since the last election and never seen before or since his candidature
* Craig Mackinlay from Chatham. never see in the area until selected last month. Hilarious mention of berthing his yacht in Ramsgate as some sort of affection for the area.
* George Cunnignham Lib Dems - sort of in the catchment area but never heard of. Bizarrely a serving EU civil servant which is illegal ie jiggerypokery over steering the Taiwan visit to Manston as he represents Taiwan in Brussels(!)
* Russ Thingy the other LibDem - again sort of in the catchment area but never heard of. Loses marks for claiming to be an aviation expert without realising Manston was one of many airports with a junkyard licence.
* Will Scobie Labour local but Margate/North Thanet. An astonishing range of political jobs via his councillor father. Silver spoon socialism really.
* Ian Driver, Greens. Fair enough, and worked on animal exports and TDC corruption. But bizarrely supporting Manston airport despite the pollution and corruption.
A mixed bag of party careerists and chancers really. The serious point is the undermining of democracy: the whole point of an MP is to represent their area not to be parachuted in to climb the Party greasy pole.
Why would someone from Chatham or Sevenoaks care about Thanet other than as a paycheque? And given say jobs or grants for an area why would they not prefer their home patch?
A dismal lot of rubbish candidates.
Not one policy between them.
And it's certainly no the fault of the Romanians or the EU. Thanet's problems are Thanet's fault.
We have elected fools and failures.
And as with the TDC doublehatters and triplehatters undermining democracy.
We need a ban on parachute candidates by law and party selection. And the same on doublehatters.
We need full monthly FOI: why are councillors not seeing the report and accounts or the candidates? Even the crooked ones?
Why are expenses etc not published?
Where are the manifestos?
Where is Margate Town Council?
Where is MP recall and Direct Leader elections at KCC?
I will stand as MP and Mayor candidate to deliver these.
We need a Police investigation into Pleasurama and Pavilion corruption and Manston/Infratil monitors and Thor mercury and Southern Water contamination.
Carter and Wilde of the Toxic Three stay silent.
Fitzgerald and Clarke and Pearce and GlickQC and Hollingworth stay silent.
Clive has resigned and Moores and Macgonigal - but they cling on for the paycheque.
Port Everitt and Bint Harrison and Aids Gregory lower Thanet's reputation further.
Farage stays silent as does Sandys and Gale and Latchford.
Pointless granny councillors failing now to even pretend to do something on the councils.
We pay these fools but their loyalty is only cover up for their party and civil servants.
Mere bickering gutter trash.
Yet the contamination continues.
Even hospitals in Special Measures Failure again and no Pandemic policies at all.
Not one public statement.
Silence on the aquifer and dumped jets.
Even the farce of Parkway white elephant funding as Manston is closed.
And the Police are too scared and feeble to do anything beyond rolling a few drunks and shoplifters.
We have our Boys in Blue nancying around on the rates aiding and abetting our corrupt and incompetent elected and unelected public servants and failing on knife crime - even on parking crime.
I say No.
Our towns are broken.
Our governance is broken.
Bring the Infratil Bastards Back.
It's time for a proper Police investigation.
It's time for electoral reform.
Stop the Pollution. Stop the Corruption.Stop the Construction.
Time for Change.
www.votegarbutt.co.uk - Manifesto #1 is almost completed now
Garbutt for MP and Ramsgate Mayor 2015