Wednesday, 31 May 2017
An Interview from Isle of Thanet News below. Apparently they're worried about some of the corruption points being libellous in their view - and even the Battlebus already with the largest ever UK election fine and want to censor them:
But below is the full article as provided:
Clearly it's an interesting compare and contrast and raises questions over the accuracy of Kent reporting - just today KM published their list of candidates for South Thanet and couldn't even get that right:
The correct list:
A. Please state your name, party and occupation (if applicable)
Tim Garbutt, Independent.
Advertising and Marketing Consultant.
I describe the campaign as “Stop the Pollution. Stop the Construction. Stop the Corruption”. Time for Change
B. What are your top 3 priorities for South Thanet?
1. Close Manston airport completely and dig up the runway – with a $1 CPO to end the SHP New Town and Parkway farce. And to clean and refill the East Kent aquifer that is under the runway.
2. Extradite and jail the Infratil directors and Police investigation into the removal of the Manston monitors and faking of pollution data with TDC and KCC.
3. End the corruption around Pleasurama, and shoddy governance around Pavilion etc, with tax havens such as Belize and Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands in main Kent projects
All of these could be put in place Minute #1 of Day #1 of Garbutt in Parliament.
These policies would end the sloth and dirt that the various parties and council administrations have allowed. TDC is one of the worst councils in UK according to the government itself(!) and Thanet has some of the highest deprivation in SE England.
And this with £2BN KCC budgets, £30M – not allowing for failures and corruption – at TDC and £400k at RTC.
KCC is overly-focused on Maidstone and TDC on Margate. And we have too many and too underpaid councillors. And too many and too overpaid civil servants.
The politicians and civil servants have repeatedly failed us and these policies will begin the change with an East Kent Council as a counterweight to West Kent and Medway.
Blatant travesties of justice as with the High Court of Corruption of Lord Grabiner of BHS and One Essex Court legal criminals and close and cleanup Thor mercury factory near the Hornby Factory could be more easily implemented.
While I will ensure Climate Change – the greatest threat facing humanity – is top of the agenda in Kent. At the moment there are no Climate Change policies at all. So, that would include:
• all public sector buildings switching to renewable electricity
• public buildings with solar panels
• end plastic bag sales: Ocean Plastic and Beach clean
• increase wonky fruit and veg and end food waste in supermarkets and schools and farms etc
• increase recycling from 40% in Thanet - and coffecup recycling and bottle deposit schemes
• increase Fairtrade goods in supermarkets and shops and public sector procurement
• measured expansion – and robust scrutiny - of Vattenfall’s Thanet windfarm with free electricity
• treeplanting and hedgerows for biodiversity eg bees and India 50M trees in one day
• increase electric car charging points and electric buses/public sector cars/vans
• develop graphene products at Kent University/CCU and vaccine research with Pfizer
• expand pedestrianisation of town centres and seafront
• while 30 minutes a week school lessons on Climate Change and Red Cross first aid and Yingluck computers would be useful
C. What are the most important economic factors for South Thanet and how do you aim to boost them? (ie tourism)
Improving the town centres and Discovery Park after the loss of 5,000 jobs out of 7,000 are two vital economic policies.
In many towns the public would be horrified at the loss of 5,000 jobs rather than the lies and deceit of 50 jobs at Manston. Especially the 21st Century #STEM jobs in pharma and tech that are the future for Young Kent and Future UK.
While the decay in the town centres is plain to see after ludicrous town planning such as Westwood Cross the-out-of-town-shopping-centre-next –to the town-centres. And still the nonsense overbuild of a 4th Town Centre.
The continued secrecy and lies at TDC and KCC even with FOI restricts any candidate or member of the public from being able to evaluate public sector policies.
EKFOS – EK film office and studio and JazzWat – Buddhist temple and jazz club would all create Creative Industries jobs.
The 2nd swimming pool: 50M Olympics and ice rink instead of £1M fire station would be part of a cohesive Regeneration of disused/derelict sites eg Develop old gasworks site and Old Police Station in Ramsgate.
Perhaps Craig Mackinlay outgoing Tory MP – or the other invisible candidates -should be encouraged to bring the Nick Timothy Battlebus of Party HQ tourists back to boost the economy of local hotels?
It’s one coach trip we’re unlikely to see again.
D. What would you aim to do in regards to housing and homelessness for South Thanet?
This isn’t one of my main policies for development as Thanet has the highest number of empty homes in Kent.
And Kent has c.28k empty homes.
We need repairs and bringing back into use not more newbuild.
Hence the absurdity of SHP Manston New Town or housebuilding at Discovery Park or the Westwood 4th town Centre.
Clearly KCC has been infected with a cement culture of construction councillors and glory-protect civil servants. While the Developers Group at KCC of construction companies ensures every problem looks like a cement problem.
While the national policy of housebuilding promises – and fluff of Garden Cities -has never achieved more than c.80k new build per year.
While basic policing such as picking up the homeless from the town centres or Tent City – along with Streetdrinker Square and heroin Alley - and placing them in hostels is viable given the No Night Homeless policy already in place in London.
Either the police are overwhelmed or they can’t be bothered – and certainly funding more tech kit won’t be a substitute for the elbow grease of sustained effort.
E. The health service is going through transformational change. What services are priority for South Thanet and how should they be implemented?
Clearly the public have been badly-served by Kent NHS: most if not all hospitals in Special Measures. 12 GP’s struck off for incompetence. And SE Ambulance in Special Measures. And asbestos deaths in schools. And major pollution and cancer scandals such as Manston-Infratil and Thor mercury.
The current NHS reviews seem to be Backoffice reorganisation for bloated salaries and pensions and not in the best interests of Public Health. Yet again there seems a wilful ignorance of the requirement for 3 hospitals in East Kent given the travel distances involved at the coast.
I will support a public-led review of NHS performance – free and excellent - on the above including Resilience and Pandemic preparedness and support the Julian Brazier East Kent Medical School in Canterbury to ensure East Kent has enough nurses and doctors And ASEAN international programmes.
As well as a Medical Commissioner and Education Commissioner to focus NHS and School efforts as with the Police Commissioner – and ensure a focus beyond pensioner health and needs.
And improve Public Health on Tobacco, Road Safety Heroin and Cocaine – an outrageous failure with the most drug deaths ever.
The Tory Dementia Tax is utterly repulsive as is ending Winter Fuel – and as foolish as foxhunting or nationalisation or a penny tax on everything - and should be revoked with a full review of Social Care for an Ageing Population.
F. Thanet has one of the highest unemployment rates in Kent. How would you aim to tackle this as an MP?
The above points are all viable parts of the plan and I would initially increase unemployment through P45 reform of the failing public sector.
Then focus on Youth employment and a Locate in East Kent function to boost apprenticeships and larger employers at Discovery Park. And greater coordination of schools, colleges and universities with an overhaul of wasteful Beckham Studies courses.
Unemployment would be far higher without the padding of employment courses, part-time jobs and zero hours contracts.
The missing 5,000 jobs could be replaced and increased with a further 3,000 jobs ie vaccine production for UNSDG30 eg TB and malaria nets manufacturers.
As always the Manston airport talk of 20,000 jobs is utter nonsense to whitewash the monitor crimes – and a part of the foolish belief that one sector or one project could instantly replace decades of decline.
And a tourism focus as part of the East Kent Council and Benelux etc strategies will need to be built eg Kent Orchids, Spanish Armada, Fortitude-Patton and Dunkirk Little Ships and Van Gogh.
While local banks need to pull together from bank head office cuts, with Town Commerce Groups and local lending etc.
Clearly Brexit after just a year is an utter shambles, and I am completely opposed to it and the destructive effects here in East Kent to the tourism industry, universities and schools and exports.
If you are in the 48% Remain Group then vote for me.
If you are a Tory dissatisfied with Mackinlay’s Battlebus fraud and inaction vote for me.
If you are Labour and dissatisfied with the cosy Thanet deals and corruption then vote for me.
If you are Green or Libdem and concerned at Thanet’s invisible candidates then vote for me.
If you are under 30 then vote for me.
If you are UKIP – if they actually exist now -don’t vote for me. And we need a vote of no confidence in Well’s TDC: promising to reopen Manston then reversing that policy within a month of being elected given the known monitors and aquifer crimes.
Garbutt as an Independent will have the ear and support of every Party leader and Cabinet member in Westminster and Whitehall.
G. What experience would you bring to the role of MP?
I’ve several decades in advertising and marketing for business clients across various market sectors and regeneration projects such as Cardiff Bay and tourism clients.
And the public can see my success in my East Kent politics work so far:
•Infratil airports in EU closed – and Rotorua NZ
•Total petrol stations in East Kent closed for Myanmar war crimes
•Margate’s Joshua French released from Congo Death Row
•Gang of Four sacked and jailed
•Richboro power station demolished
•Ramsgate Gasworks demolished
•Toxic Three now Toxic Two: KCC’s Carter and Wild
•BrettGate cement works end: phase 2 but not phase 1
•0% TDC salary fraud ended
As MP I will continue this work for Kent and regions such as ASEAN.
•end Invesco UK investment in OrbitalATK USA and Textron cluster bombs manufacture – and phosphorous
•end KCC public sector pensions in Fossil Fuels and Tobacco
•Demolish Arlington House 160’s tower block eyesore
•instigate Conflict Minerals Ban eg Coltan in DRC Congo in computers/phones
•instigate G20 to achieve 0.7% GNI aid target
•UN disarmament: nuclear/WMD and naval
•EU arms exports ban outside of EU
•Tobacco: over 25 and store permits
•#Space: Kent research ie satellites and space junk
•End Landfill: site clearance
•End NATO 2% target: UK 2.3% and EU average 1.3%
•Brexit: 48% cancel
Thanet has failed. Thanet party politics has failed. Thanet’s pensioners have failed the next generations.
Time for Change
Tuesday, 30 May 2017
Tim Garbutt candidate MP for South Thanet in East Kent in 8th June election said:
"Actually it should be 1,912 flowers not 1,000 that should bloom across East Kent. And not just any old flowers but the rare Kent Orchids.
Orchids are the flower of East Kent - indeed they should probably feature on the East Kent flag of a white horse on a green background.
And a gift of 1,912 Kent Orchids would form the basis of Meiji Kent Flower Diplomacy with USA and Japan to commemorate the 1912 donation of 3,000 cherry blossom trees from the mayor of Tokyo to Washington DC.
And apt for the Johnny Appleseed programme of Climate Change.
East Kent's famous orchids should also be used to build greater links with Japan and USA and other nations across ASEAN and the Levant and Africa.
And of course our near-neighbours in Benelux and Europe.
As MP I will be urging KCC's $3BN budget and Foreign Office and - a reformed British Council after the Myanmar scandal -funds to encourage the orchid industry as well as the beautification of our towns and villages.
And, fittingly with the Visit Kent Tourism initiative on Battle of Medway #BOM350, reviving the Battle of Flowers.
In the first instance orchids should be prioritised for Virginia, USA and Japan ie for Fukuoka and Virginia Beach, and Osaka of course, and Beaufort, North Carolina with San Diego.
And of course Ostend in Flanders and Calais on the Opal Coast and Rotterdam.
Consideration should also be given to the existing twin towns as well as Arnhem and Almeria and Ramsgate and Margate in South Africa and Australia. While the dusty KCC links to Hungary, and Poland, Bulgaria and Romania should be revived.
How absurd that Canterbury and CCU University – and the Broadstairs tourism campus -with one of the largest Romanian populations outside Bucharest has no Sister City programmes in place.
While a fresh look needs to be taken on how the various Japan and USA think-tanks and societies and university courses are funded and coordinated if UK is to achieve its export aims already some 17 years behind schedule.
So that 1,000 flowers can bloom rather than the usual rash of cement projects poisoning the well of political discourse - and sustainable economic and cultural development - in The Garden Of England.
Time for Change
• Time for vote of no confidence in TDC: the latest UKI(P defection back to Tories means almost a hung council: 28 UKIP to 27 non-UKIP
Thursday, 25 May 2017
As an Independent MP candidate for South Thanet to “Stop the Pollution. Stop the Corruption. Stop the Construction.” I must express concern at the Gazette coverage so far.
My manifesto published in the Gazette last Friday was done without my permission, and is not an accurate representation of my policies – the quote on Brexit for example is not mine - as detailed on my blog:
I understand other candidates were concerned at this mish-mash, given elections happen only every 5 years or so.
And it's galling given most candidates only pop up the week before an election, and don’t bother with manifestos, other than at most vague promises to reduce crime etc, so without accurate reports the pubic are right to bemoan that the candidates are all the same.
Or that Tory Battlebus election fraud is so widespread.
For clarity my main policies are:
1.Close Manston airport and dig up the runway – with a $1 CPO of no New Town - to clean and refill the East Kent aquifer that is under the runway
2.Extradite and jail the Infratil directors and Police investigation into the removal of the Manston monitors and faking of pollution data with TDC and KCC
3.End the corruption around Pleasurama, and shoddy governance around Pav etc, with tax havens such as Belize and Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands in main Kent projects
4.Close and cleanup Thor mercury factory near the Hornby Factory
5.Improve the town centres and Discovery Park after the shortfall of 5k jobs out of 7k
Other progressive national policies such as Free Utilities are detailed, and the release of Margate’s Joshua French from death row Congo has been achieved.
As with the bizarre Thanet NUT hustings without all MP candidates invited, or the Gazette generating its own tame manifesto of youth issues without standing as presumably the Gazette Party, or even low turnouts (just 31% for KCC last month) and ballot boxes not immediately counted, it does raise questions over the validity of Kent elections.
Frankly they're looking a bit Mickey Mouse and would shame Chad - and dangers that many journalists and newspapers face around the world for reporting on elections.
I would hope you publish this letter in the interests of accurate and fair reporting during elections.
And a copy is on my blog for public review.
Tim Garbutt, Ramsgate
* I didn't make the point on Ian Dirver prosecuted s councilor by the Council and on the Kent Police Domestic Extremist database - although wish I had. Both have a chilling effect on the public standing to councils and parliament etc and the latter from the Manchester Bomb raises questions over the police following elected councillors around. Especially without press reporting on such issues.
* High Court of Corruption and One Essex Court: Lord Grabiner of BHS to quit Green empire a year after BHS collapse - Sky News
* Pedzone: cars on seafront prom again and even a car driving the wrong way down the pedzone at lunchtime.
* Awful treeplanting tarmac splodges ruining the decorative pavement around the GPO and removed trees on Pedzone - is this the new RTC Town Handyman's work?
* Astonished at UK and EU firms still making/investing in cluster bombs:
Wednesday, 24 May 2017
I was absolutely horrified to read the latest ASEAN-US report from the EastWest Center.
Horrified at the superb level of detail in the report and extent of US-ASEAN activity:
Frankly, Britain has more than a few kilometres to travel to improve on both those aspects.
In my politics role for South Thanet MP in the 8th June election I've urged a Meiji Kent series of reforms for UK and Kent given the ongoing 2008 Great Recession and almost a year of Brexit silliness.
UK and Kent are in danger of becoming moribund and slipping further into stagnation and drift.
Especially with both Thailand and Vietnam as UK top 5 growth economies:
•$2TN in infrastructure investment in ASEAN forecast by 2030 - about the size of the whole UK economy
•500% (!) growth in ASEAN Digital Economy to $200BN by 2025
•US-ASEAN SME support already training 5,000 SME businesses in Asia
And with the fledgling Commonwealth Asia Group including Singapore, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and Australia and New Zealand.
And even Cambodia was seeking membership in previous years and potentially Myanmar under Aung San's leadership.
But the US-ASEAN activity is something else - not just the glitz of a Presidential visit or Summit here and there but the weft and weave of extensive and detailed and consistent strategy.
You’d expect differences in trade volumes given USA's 350M population compared to UK's 65M - but even so.
US investment to ASEAN is more than US investment to China, Japan, South Korea and India combined.
You'd expect say California or New York with ASEAN investments and activity.
You'd expect Hawaii and California with Sister Cities in ASEAN.
And you'd expect ASEAN expat communities from Philippines or Vietnam.
But the US-ASEAN activity is strength in depth through national, state and local levels and across private and public sectors.
And ASEAN forecast to become the world's 4th largest economy by 2050 displacing Japan and EU.
A few examples picked almost at random from the report:
* Wyoming is Indonesia's 3rd largest trade partner. Wyoming(!). Landlocked Wyoming with just 500k population to Indonesia's 250M and UK’s 65M and Kent's 1.3M.
* South Carolina's exports to ASEAN have doubled since 2012
* Disaster Resilience aid from US of c.$160M
* Climate Change 500MW renewable energy for Mekong Delta nations
* USAid grants protecting 64M acres of forest since 2012 - an area the size of Oregon
* All 50 states export to ASEAN supporting 500k jobs - and 20 states export over $1BN
* 50% of all Congress districts each export over $100M to ASEAN
* ASEAN students contribute $1.7BN to US economy each year with 55k students - and c.6k US students to ASEAN
* 78 US and ASEAN head of states visits since 2000
* 25 USA colleges with SE Asian Studies
It's horrifyingly excellent.
And that's not to downplay UK efforts: establishment of a UK-ASEAN government group, UKTI/DIT efforts, both before and after Brexit referendum, on UK exports in general, and British Council for cultural activity. Individual initiatives such as British Embassy Cambodia's Skypods STEM Girls work. A G7 lead on the UN target of 0.7% GNI aid.
And UK tourism to ASEAN easily matches US efforts. And trebling of Chevening scholarships compares favourably to Fulbright, Marshall and YSEALI scholarships. UK Creative Industries efforts with new offices in South Carolina and San Diego and dedicated Hollywood office.
But it all pales into insignificance with US results in ASEAN: UK exports to Indonesia only £500M. Indeed India only £6BN. And UK efforts only kickstarted after lacklustre China exports.
And in Kent though there are the green shoots of revived efforts: Kent International Business, excellent reports by both Kent University and Canterbury Christchurch University in Canterbury on the value of international students to East Kent economy. Robust tourism efforts too from Visit Kent and Visit Thanet.
But that contrasted with weak efforts on Virginia links: the Jamestown efforts dusty and Kent-Virginia links through Manston best ignored until the Infratil directors extradition from NZ.
But astonishingly weak efforts on Pfizer/Discovery Park losing 5k jobs out of 7k: the largest US inward investment in Europe.
A lack of common sense action all the more worrying with East Kent's Tom Paine one of the founders of USA.
While Virginia's smooth as silk efforts on ASEAN stand in stark contrast to Kent:
* $153M in food and agriculture exports to ASEAN
* 10k jobs supported by ASEAN exports: a top 20 state
* 1,089 international students from ASEAN - Oregon with similar student numbers recording £38M in direct income
* 2 Sister Cities with Norfolk and Virginia Beach - interestingly out of the way Stockton California and Reno Nevada linked with Battambang and Udon Thani
There are UK quick-wins for comparatively little effort and funds:
* Digital Kent rollout from Wired Sussex
* Expand UK-ASEAN groups: trade and cultural and NGO etc etc
* Expand UK-ASEAN embassy/trade links and targets – a China-Britain Council but no equivalent for ASEAN nations
* Kent-ASEAN a template for Benelux and USA activity
* Develop similar EastWest Center documents and reports - no Kent GDP document for example exists and disparate national reports
* Expand UK-ASEAN Studies and Languages in colleges: less than 5 in UK?
* Develop ASEAN banks and universities in UK
* Develop Creative Industries exchanges: publishing, film, television
* Develop consistent timetables of visits, summits and exchanges
* Release DFID funds from World Bank deepfreeze eg for Resilience activity, Malnutrition in KH and Laos and Myanmar and PNG
* Formalise a Commonwealth-ASEAN Group, and EU Partnerships with EU embassy reviews
And more worryingly there are four other EastWest Center reports on USA in Asia, Japan, Australia and Korea that are must-reads.
UK should even be capitalising on US efforts in UK and ASEAN synergies - with USA as UK's main trade partner - not just Pfizer in Kent, but Microsoft in Reading and Ford in Bridgend and CocaCola, Starbucks and Proctor and Gamble in London. Companies already with key ASEAN case studies.
Britain is in danger - especially with the Brexit silliness: what must foreign nations think of us? - in following Turkey down the path of the Sick Man of Europe.
American can-do seems to be trumping British tea-and-biscuits tinkering.
And only in Britain could not picking winners be considered a viable Industrial Strategy.
And why shouldn't UK be a Top 3 trade partner with every ASEAN nation as a minimum through the decades?
So far though it's looking like just an ASEAN Yorktown disaster rather than a Meiji revival for Kent and UK.
Time for Change
Wednesday, 17 May 2017
The election is fully on in East Kent.
Candidates for South and North Thanet below:
Thanet South: https://www.thanet.gov.uk/media/3855681/south-thanet-statement-of-persons-nominated-notice-of-poll-and-situation-of-persons-nominated.pdf
Thanet North: https://www.thanet.gov.uk/media/3855684/north-thanet-statement-of-persons-nominated-notice-of-poll-and-situation-of-polling-stations-2-.pdf
Obviously your vote is yours to use or not as you choose and I hope you vote for me in South Thanet.
And a few quick points:
* absurd Craig Mackinlay is claiming to live at Sion Court in Ramsgate - he lives and works in Chatham and Chatham KCC councillor. Chatham hardly a success story for Kent regeneration
* astonishing too a North Thanet candidate lives in London - both prime cases of parachute candidates
* never heard of Christian Alliance but seems anti- abortion and antiMoslem
* national party manifestos only just emerging and rather dull - and no EK manifestos except mine
* I've lived in South Thanet for c.15 years and have never heard of most of the candidates at all - again exactly what's wrong with party politics: parachute candidates and vague/no manifestos/ mere handraisers and seatwarmers
South Thanet Candidates in detail:
* Tim Garbutt (Ind) - vote for me (!): detailed manifesto and previous track record eg closing Manston. Richboro demolition etc
* Craig Mackinlay (Con) - busted after election expenses/Battlebus scandal and inane manifesto (insert constituency name) prepared by Nick Timothy, Theresa May's beard. Nothing doe in 2 years since 2015.
* Raushan Ara (Lab) - nice lady and runs Harbour St Indian restaurant and ideal for Town Centre/seafront reform, but in the nicest way unlikely to be MP and certainly not until the expected Labour defeat and Corbyn ousted
* Stuart Piper (UKIP) - never heard of him and UKIP wipeout. But bizarre conversation on Manston cancer and aquifer while I was canvassing on Friday - more later
* Trevor Roper (Green) - never heard of him
* Jordan Williams (libdem0 - never heard of him
* Faith Fisher (Christian Alliance - never heard of her and points above
In North Thanet - Ed Targett (Green) by far the best of the candidates: Roger Gale too old and stale and failed on Manston yet again except by dodgy deals.
Ed and I highlighting Crime and Knife crime from the bizarre Police CounterTerror leaflet "be safe on ships at sea at night?": #MpFightclub And an outrageous slur on the good folks of Royal Mail: " A delivered item will probably have received fairly rough handling in the mail"!
The choice of vote of course is yours. But clearly both Thanet Labour and Thanet Tory and Thanet UKIP have provide corrupt and incompetent at every level for years with silence from their parties and others.
Already it seems like a two-horse race between mew and Mackinlay. Are you really going to vote for him again or give Garbutt a go?
I urge Tories and Labour and Greens and LibDems to vote for me - UKIPO wipeout means UKIP votes likely to switch to Tory and low turnout.
Craig will be another bland backbencher (and with a byelection if he is convicted) whereas as an Independent candidate exposing the Manston and Pleasurama crimes I will have the ear of the Cabinet and every Party Leader as an example of how party politics had failed in East Kent.
As the UK's ASEAN MP I will seek committee seats on Business, DFID and Foreign.
Time for Meiji Kent.
Stop the Pollution. Stop the Corruption. Stop the Construction.
Time for Change
* Crowdfunding for donation sand volunteers: email email@example.com
* KCC election: dull with low 31% turnout and expected Tory almost total majority. Good Leader Carter of Toxic Two Cabinet reshuffle largely the same but ousting John Simmonds as Deputy Leader but as the only KCC pensioner who can count, he's still Finance Director and in charge of Tobacco and Fossil Fuel investments.
* Disappointing elderly pig farmer Ken HIV Gregory elected but hopefully riding Percy his best pig upto the County Barn as an air freshener in the council chamber- highlighting Manston monitors and Pleasurama fraud or keeping his snout in the trough?
* UKIP wipeout with Wells and Fairbrss and Shonk a busted flush at TDC and RTC - another 2 years of them a dismal choice
Wednesday, 10 May 2017
I'm delighted to confirm that I'm standing for MP in South Thanet here in East Kent and the 8th June election.
My manifesto is detailed in the "Stop the Pollution. Stop the Corruption. Stop the Construction" campaign eg:
But how outrageous for Craig Mackinlay busted in the Tory Election Fraud with 30 other Tory MP's, and 15 MP’s sent to the CPS for prosecution by the various police forces.
For the CPS to refuse to prosecute most of the cases - the day after MP nominations closed - is laughable given the Electoral Commission imposed it’s largest possible fine and the Tory Party admitted wrongdoing two months ago.
The CPS has been tamed by the Tory Party and left as a Party poodle.
Yet Mackinlay’s case remains open to be ruled on later – after the election.
All that aside, it’s an outrage for him to be selected by the local Thanet Tory party committee and to even consider standing.
The expenses fraud wasn’t a few costs here and there.
It was as blatant as the nose on his face: the whole campaign expenses of £15k spent in just one hotel.
While the Battle Bus delivered dozens of Tarquin’s and Fiona’s from Tory head office in the absence of any real local supporters.
Surely Mackinlay must have wondered who all these bussed-in supporters were? Perhaps not, as he’s merely a parachute candidate dropped in from Chatham where he lives and works.
He may as well be representing John O'Groats.
Certainly he’ll keep quiet on the Infratil crimes and Manston pollution or Thor mercury.
Even scoundrels like Lord Grabiner of BHS or Glick and Hollingworth of One Essex Court?
And what a farce with Jo Gideon of TDC the Manston Committee rascal now bussed out of Kent... to stand in in Rotherham and now Grimsby.
Mackinlay’s protestations he did nothing wrong are mealy-mouthed wriggles to try and prevent incriminating Nick Timothy Theresa May's election beard.
Mackinlay as an Accountant should know about expenses.
Mackinlay as a Magistrate should know about the law.
Mackinlay as a KCC Chatham councillor should know about election law.
Maybe we should have the puppet-master Nick Timothy rather than the puppet and his dynamic policies like “Reducing crime in (Insert constituency name)”
And in 2 years since the 2015 election Mackinlay achieved precisely nothing.
Nothing on reopening Manston: immediately after the election denying it was anything to do with him - and keeping quiet on the aquifer and Infratil crimes.
Nothing on reopening the Port - even the BrettGate cement proposals sprung upon him.
Perhaps all we can expect if there is no wrong doing – for Nick Timothy to appear again and perhaps another dozen Battle Buses? Maybe the Electoral Commission should repay back to the Tories the largest ever election fraud fine in UK history?
Maybe even his Robot Prime Minister appearing to prattle about Strong and Stable and Coalition Chaos?
May should take a machete to such abuses or like May be gone after June.
I urge Tory and Labour and LibDem and Greens and Independents to vote for me, and vote Mackinlay out.
The other candidates are feeble: Raushan of Labour a first-time candidate but good for a town centre focus.
And Rev Piper of UKIP a wipeout – and hardly very Christian with one of the most repulsive anti-Moslem manifestos I’ve read.
With Dutch and now French elections pro-Europe, and the German elections in Autumn, I urge the 48% Remainers and 70% Remain under 30 to vote for me and cancel the Brexit mess.
East Kent’s UKIP pensioners have failed their children and grandchildren and failed themselves – East Kent with its universities and tourism and STEM exports would be decimated by Brexit.
Even the KCC election was a damp squib of Tory majority and unknowns again – and Wells and Fairbrass at TDC lame ducks.
As an Independent South Thanet MP I will be able to raise East Kent and ASEAN issues in Parliament across all the parties not be a mere seatwarmer and puppet handraiser.
Nor the same-old same-old from the traditional parties that have failed us.
Mackinlay is a busted flush.
* I am at Ramsgate High St at noon most days to discuss my manifesto - come along.
* Vote out LocalCraig Tory election fraud and UKIP dragging East Kent down.
Volunteers and donations and office wanted: Crowdfunder page: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/tim-garbutt-for-south-thanet-mp-8th-june-2017
Vote Garbutt 8th June.
Time for Change
Friday, 5 May 2017
It‘s time for the MP election on 8th June now the KCC election is over.
Clearly LocalCraig being renominated despite the Tory election fraud from the 2015 election is an insult to the public. And that with nothing done in the last 2 years despite promises on Manston and the town centres and Port - and that with the BrettGate cement scandal.
While UKIP have had Farage refusing to stand and explain Manston and Thor mercury and TDC Leader Wells snubbed.
And Space Cadet LibDem Russ Timpson with his absurd NASA plans for Manston has refused to stand.
The Greens and Labour are invisible.
And perhaps the weakest Party Leaders since 1945 and probably another very low turnout.
The national parties have failed us with parachute candidates and cover-up councillors and corrupt civil servants.
If you want your local area to improve then it’s clear the best choice is me as an Independent Green: close Manston and dig up the runway and end the Pleasurama corruption and begin Climate Change policies.
Or would you vote LocalCraig or UKIP again?
Time for Change
Tim Garbutt, Ramsgate
* a dull KCC election - surely the last one with ballots stored overnight and no vote at 16
* UKIP wipeout: clearly a wasted vote on 8th June and the end of TDC UKIP and Wells: vote of no confidence overdue
* a strange Ramsgate result: one Tory and one Labour both unknown. Maybe they'll be brilliant? Certainly they must be keen to speak up on Manston and Pleasurama and Thor etc?
* turnouts in Kent seem to be around 30% - any lower and the elections should be void and rerun with better policies and candidates rather than just voting for the rosette? As with the Tory election fraud of supporters bussed in.
* Laughable announcement of possibly/maybe/perhaps £200M Manston investment from mystery DTD Consulting in Germany and mystery aviation company. And the day before the election very dodgy. An EIR/FOI request will flush out the documents and emails with TDC or KCC. And top think Infratil sold Manston for $1 given the removal of the pollution monitors with TDC and faking the data and fines.
Time for Change
Wednesday, 3 May 2017
A few brief points:
* Who'd know the KCC election was on? Invisible candidates and no manifestos - certainly nothing of substance. Yawn.
* A laughable announcement of squillions of Manston investment by DTD consultancy with a mysterious unknown aviation company. Yawn.
* In Ramsgate vote Ian Driver (Ind) and Rushan Ara (Lab) as the best chance to begin reform of KCC and East Kent
* Vote out Shonk and Heale and Wells - indeed any UKIP and doublehatters.
* Vote out Ken Gregory.
* You cannot vote for KCC Leader Paul Carter even if you wanted to: "planes fly out ot sea"
Time of ran investigation into TDC and Infratil removing Manston monitors and faking the pollution data.
Garbutt for MP 8th June:
* I am at the Comfort Inn polling station on Victoria Parade all day and Ramsgate high St at noon to discuss my manifesto - come along.
* Vote out LocalCraig Tory election fraud and UKIP dragging East Kent down.
Volunteers and donations and office wanted: Crowdfunder page: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/tim-garbutt-for-south-thanet-mp-8th-june-2017
Time for Change