Thursday, 25 May 2017
Garbutt for South Thanet MP: Gazette letter - election coverage
As an Independent MP candidate for South Thanet to “Stop the Pollution. Stop the Corruption. Stop the Construction.” I must express concern at the Gazette coverage so far.
My manifesto published in the Gazette last Friday was done without my permission, and is not an accurate representation of my policies – the quote on Brexit for example is not mine - as detailed on my blog:
I understand other candidates were concerned at this mish-mash, given elections happen only every 5 years or so.
And it's galling given most candidates only pop up the week before an election, and don’t bother with manifestos, other than at most vague promises to reduce crime etc, so without accurate reports the pubic are right to bemoan that the candidates are all the same.
Or that Tory Battlebus election fraud is so widespread.
For clarity my main policies are:
1.Close Manston airport and dig up the runway – with a $1 CPO of no New Town - to clean and refill the East Kent aquifer that is under the runway
2.Extradite and jail the Infratil directors and Police investigation into the removal of the Manston monitors and faking of pollution data with TDC and KCC
3.End the corruption around Pleasurama, and shoddy governance around Pav etc, with tax havens such as Belize and Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands in main Kent projects
4.Close and cleanup Thor mercury factory near the Hornby Factory
5.Improve the town centres and Discovery Park after the shortfall of 5k jobs out of 7k
Other progressive national policies such as Free Utilities are detailed, and the release of Margate’s Joshua French from death row Congo has been achieved.
As with the bizarre Thanet NUT hustings without all MP candidates invited, or the Gazette generating its own tame manifesto of youth issues without standing as presumably the Gazette Party, or even low turnouts (just 31% for KCC last month) and ballot boxes not immediately counted, it does raise questions over the validity of Kent elections.
Frankly they're looking a bit Mickey Mouse and would shame Chad - and dangers that many journalists and newspapers face around the world for reporting on elections.
I would hope you publish this letter in the interests of accurate and fair reporting during elections.
And a copy is on my blog for public review.
Tim Garbutt, Ramsgate
* I didn't make the point on Ian Dirver prosecuted s councilor by the Council and on the Kent Police Domestic Extremist database - although wish I had. Both have a chilling effect on the public standing to councils and parliament etc and the latter from the Manchester Bomb raises questions over the police following elected councillors around. Especially without press reporting on such issues.
* High Court of Corruption and One Essex Court: Lord Grabiner of BHS to quit Green empire a year after BHS collapse - Sky News
* Pedzone: cars on seafront prom again and even a car driving the wrong way down the pedzone at lunchtime.
* Awful treeplanting tarmac splodges ruining the decorative pavement around the GPO and removed trees on Pedzone - is this the new RTC Town Handyman's work?
* Astonished at UK and EU firms still making/investing in cluster bombs: