Letter in the Thanet Gazette:
With MP's snouts in the trough, when are our district and county councillors - and civil servants - going to publish all their salaries, expenses, allowances, pensions etc?
They should be published each month in a Scores on the Doors by department.
Ans with the County elections upon us which councilors are voting for night flights at Manston, ChinaGate, Thor, Sericol and Infratil pollution?
* I've received KCC councillor allowances/expenses from County Cllr Alan Poole: c.£1.6M out of a £2B budget: lots spent on car mileage but why no meetings in East Kent?
* Audit Commission to open TDC's books and budgets in June for annual audit: FOI and EIR though enables any financial information to be provided at any time and within 20 days: I'd like a copy of the payroll for staffing and salary levels - home addresses etc can be blacked out as with MP's
* EA want to meet me to "walk me through" their information on Thor: 3 months and counting from the intial EIR request: try Paul Leinster, Head of the EA: firstname.lastname@example.org
* No update on Sericol: pumps switched off: who are our councillors for these factory sites?
* No update on Infratil pollution or the removed noise monitors
* FOI request for ChinaGate costs and Tesco bag of receipts
* Steve Ladyman's expenses look OK to me but where is the detail on salary costs, previous years information on any flipping, and pensions - and where is Roger Gale's information?
* Did our MP's support moves by Parliament to restrict all this information years ago?
* Will there be monthly updates of expenses etc from now on by our MP's and the Gang of Four?