Why the delays and silence from our politicians and civil servants on the pollution, corruption and construction in Thanet?
Our politicians and civil servants have failed us:
· major pollution incidents and cover-up: highest cancer rate in South East
· Third World death rates: 18 year death gap from rest of Kent
· deliberate pollution from Manston and Thor
· collapse of Margate
· utter waste of tax-funds
Vote Garbutt for Mayor May 2011: Independent Green – directly elected
Stop the Pollution:
• Close Manston airport: built on the polluted drinking water supply - and repeated safety breaches by TDC and Infratil
• Thor mercury factory near Hornby – publish EA toxin cleanup details: should have closed in 1988 but remains open
• Demolish the derelict and polluting Richboro power station
• Clean up Pegwell Bay: one of the two most polluted sites in Kent
* Close Manston MOD Fire station: thousands of litres of chemicals into the water supply
* Limit Thanet windfarm: expansion details, funding and free electricity.
* Revise building codes for refurb and One House. Two Solar Panels.
* Detail all asbestos sites and cleanup.
* Ban pollution ships from the Cliftonville Blue Flag beaches, reform Port and Marina and Channel routes
• NHS joint-monitoring of TDC pollution sites to reduce Thanet’s Third world death rates: dying at 63 not 81.
Stop the Corruption:
• Repay fraudulent TDC civil service 0% pay rises from Messrs Samuel and White
• A fair trial for the Toxic Two and Infratil’s Directors with a public-funded class action in removing monitors of Messrs Samuel and White - and underperforming civil servants and councillors
* Boycott KCC’s council tax payments until Thanet is regenerated and electoral reform: recall, referenda, KCC direct votes
* Peg council tax to inflation and back-office reform and bloat
• Publish all TDC and RTC £22m (almost 50% of a council tax budget of £60m!): civil servant staffing, salaries, expenses, cars, pensions and other benefits each month
• End Chinagate completely and refund the £25k Labour party donations to charity
* Publish EKO and Pleasurama contracts and costs
• End “minimargateism” – create Margate Town Council, reopen Ramsgate Tourist
Centre and Albion House Town Hall to the public and MP offices upstairs
Stop the Construction:
• Halt overdevelopment 23,000 empty houses in Kent: no new build houses except on brownfield
• End garden-grabbing construction: Thnaet has lowest green space per head
• Halt £80M East Kent access road - another “road to nowhere” construction
• Reverse the dereliction of the town centres: civil service vanity projects and wasteful roadbuild
• Rollback development at Westwood Cross and introduce parking charges: an out-of-town-shopping-centre-built-near-the-town-centres
• Expand greenbelt, trees, verges and parks: begin Van Gogh gallery and reopen town museums and tourist centres
* Begin Pleasurama icerink and 2012 pool
* Demolish Arlington House and recharge Turner Centre to KCC
Here’s an article from March’s Independent on Sunday on air pollution in the UK -clearly the collusion by civil servants and our councillors and MP’s to expand Manston has seriously endangered the health of many members of the public:
Thanet has sites with over 4x the EU levels for emissions.
We await explanations on why noise and air monitors were removed and not replaced
by Infratil and TDC – for an airport slated for expansion when nearby Canterbury has 5 permanent monitors for roads.
How many dead from cancer.
Why there are repeated breaches of the 106 airport regulations and Consultations.
Why the airport is still allowed to pollute the drinking water supply - and
why after months and years our councillors, civil servants and MP’s remain silent.
Time for national change:
* Achieve the UNMDG and 1% aid before 2015 with World Bank and IMF reform
* Establish Tobin Fund, Tobin Tax and Tobin Crisis Fund
* No UN and EU payments without FOI
* Create UNMDG 2.0 for 2020
* Mayors for Peace and no nukes
* Whitehall out of Whitehall
* Fund “One Tax” - and from Treasury line payments: no collection and scrutiny
Stop the Pollution. Stop the Corruption. Stop the Construction.
Vote Garbutt for Mayor - May 2011.
Independent Green and directly elected.
Visit the blog: http://lovekentloveramsgate.blogspot.com/
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
Volunteers required for office, fundraising and leafleting
Time for Change