Why bother voting?
The same tired parties and candidates: not one Thanet policy between them just general points on “reducing crime” and “increasing employment”.
You don’t say.
If Messrs Ladyman, Gale and Sandys could do that wouldn’t Thanet be in better condition than it is?
30 years from Mr Gale of watching Margate burn down.
13 years from Mr Ladyman of Ramsgate falling down.
3 years from Ms Sandys parachuted in to Thanet from Tory head office to say nothing.
And the election will result in a national hung parliament and will have to be restaged within 6 months or so – like every previous hung parliament.
The same farce all over again.
Let the other 1,300 MP’s and Lords vote on minor tweaks to give Britain a US-style governance and constitution - after 250 years.
Use your vote in Thanet well.
Simply don't cast your vote.
Or spoil your ballot paper - think of it as “None of the above”. Although spoiled papers are often excluded from the turnout figures and "none of the above" can't be included on the ballot paper for some reason.
With electoral turnout already some of the lowest on record - boycott the election to show the candidates the discontent at ther failure of Thanet.
And boycott council tax.
With £60M in council tax each year plus national funding there is no reason why Thanet shouldn’t be sparkling.
We’re paying the money to out councillors and civil servants and it’s simply being wasted.
Cancel your direct debits.
Pay your tax by cheque but with the wrong amount or instalments.
Refuse to pay.
Pay in pennies.
£22M spent on civil servant salaries and increasing staff numbers and the rest sent to KCC to be wasted there on bloat and bumf.
Why pay for civil servants and councillors to fail to improve the towns.
And a council that’s rated one of the worst in Britain.
The TDC council has become Thanet Developers Council simply selling off green space and public property for property development and funding payrises and bloat – while the population declines and houses remain empty.
Every problem seems to require the solution of building a new house or road.
Use your vote well.
Refuse to vote.
Boycott the election.
Spoil your ballot paper: either a large “x” through the whole ballot paper.
Or tear it in half and put in the ballot box.
Refuse to elect failed politicians and no policies.
An airport and council deliberately polluting the public.
The highest mortality rate in Kent.
The highest lung cancer rate in Kent.
The removal of noise and air monitors from Manston by Infratil and TDC.
Margate the worst High St in Britain.
TDC Britain’s worst council.
No Climate Change policies.
The decay and dereliction of all our towns.
Let’s have the lowest electoral turnout on record in Thanet: people voting “none of the above”- by not voting at the ballot box.
Stop the pollution. Stop the corruption. Stop the construction.
Boycott the election. Boycott council tax.
Time for Change.
The Town Meeting for Ramsgate town council is tomorrow – no time has been given but presumably from 7pm.
It’s the annual opportunity for the public to formally review the performance of RTC.
Here’s my questions:
1. How has the drinking water supply been protected from Infratil and the MOD Firestation pollution – isn’t it very dangerous?
2. Why are Infratil being allowed to breach the 106 repeatedly endangering the public with noise and air pollution and removing monitors?
3. What are the toxin and cleanup schedules at Thor mercury?
4. Also Richboro and the Gasworks site – isn’t it pointless to fund civil servants to leave them derelict?
5. How has the £175k contribution from Vattenfall for the £500M windfarm been spent and why is the windfarm so close to shore?
6. When will Albion House be decorated and what are its opening hours?
7. Why does the RTC website have no minutes or accounts and salaries/expenses/pensions since November?
8. Have the Pleasurama documents been released and shouldn’t the new building form the basis of an icerink?
9. When will the Bandstand be fully repaired and where are the plans?
10. Why are benches and lampposts and beach shelters left derelict given Ramsgate contributes c.£20M in council tax each year to TDC?
11. Fake 0% payrises are being provided t civil servants – when will these be repaid?
12. MP’s now have “recall” of c.10% of the electorate – presumably this applies to councillors
13. From the “Clean Town” event – what is the schedule of new town events eg Dancing in the Moonlight” etc?
14. Why have flags not been raised on the flagpoles?
15. Why has the petition against Albion House not been presented to TDC after over 6 months and why are 2 buildings sought for the rates: Albion and Custom House?
16. Why has RTC allowed the Tourist Centre to close: the Margate centre hasn’t expanded as stated - it ‘s mere miniMargateism chopping and changing the budgets through the District?
17. Does RTC support a new Margate Town Council and reduced District numbers and cost?
18. What happened to the New Year cancelled fireworks being rescheduled and the funds?
19. Insurance money has been provided for the Team Shelter – when will TDC replace this?
20. Which councillors scrutinise NHS, Police, Education. Coastguard, Ambulance, Fire etc services?